How old am I?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 13, 2011

Ssgt. Superdad

Grayden,
I've spent the last few days trying to figure out what to tell you next. (Okay, actually- I've been busy taking care of you while Daddy is away at work. Hey! That's what I'll tell you about...)

Mom & Dad before Mom's prom
Dear ol' dad is an E-5 in the Air Force. He's in the Missile Security Forces field, and right now hes part of a Mobile Fire Team flight. Basically, he guards the missile sites while maintenance is, well, maintaining. Its his job to make sure no one gets onto the site. He's posted for four days at a time. This week, he left on Wednesday and he comes home tomorrow. While Dad is away from home, he could be anywhere in Montana at any given moment. Pretty cool, huh?

Your dad loves the Air Force. He plans on making a career out of it. He's been stationed at Malmstrom for almost 6 years. Mommy has been here a little more than a year and a half. We're hoping we get to go somewhere else soon, because- while Montana is nice, it's very far from everyone we know and love and we want you to grow up near at least some family.

Anyway, Dad comes home tomorrow. I can't wait to see him. Before you were born, it was really hard for me to watch him go. This is the first tour since you were born that someone hasn't been here with me. Your dad was here for the first 10 days of your life, and then Bubbie and Great-Gram came to visit. I thought it was going to be much harder than it has been. It turns out you've made life easier. I haven't missed him quite so much. (Well, I have. I just haven't had time to think about it because I've been busy having fun with you.) I can't wait for him to get home so he can spend time with you. You started laughing this week. I'm excited for him to hear you do it. Its one of the cutest things I've ever heard; you're one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

I love you, 
Mom

0 lovely things said:

Post a Comment